Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Year 2007

I feel like I need to clarify before Ben was born.  Kris and I had not lost our love for God.  After looking back I see that our prespective was more on us then on God.  I felt we were very selfish in our walk with God.  That perspective and attitude change was a gradual change as God nudged us forward in life.  I know He was molding us to be more like Him, to rely on Him, to be completely and totally His.  And when you finally see that, you totally get it and then you live it with HIM the center of EVERYTHING!!

Our lives have not been the same since we brought Mr. Zach home from the hospital.  We seem to be very, very busy!  But loving every minute of it!

After Zach was born I knew I couldn't work part time any more so I quit working at Mamasitas.  Kris' traveling picked up at work and it was good to have that stability at home.  In February of 2007 I felt God calling me to do more for Him.  I felt God calling me to go to Mexicali, MX on a short term Missions trip.  Kris was amazing support and encouraged me to go.  I was a little apprehensive as I had this new baby, Ben, and Kristopher to be responsible for.  I thought that was, what God was calling me to do.  I didn't ignore God and went to Mexicali.  What an amazing experience.  This ministry has grown to be apart of our lives as a family.  Kristopher has learned so much from us going.  He understands the importance of going out into the world to share the Gospel.  He sees it when we go every year and he get so excited for us.  It encourages him to share Jesus with his friends at school. 


This year the Lord blessed us with a couple of trips.

The first one was in August, 2007.  We went to Pelton Creek, WY with my parents and then met up with my sister and her family in Colorado Springs, CO.  We had so much fun on that trip.  Camping in the mountains and then going and doing some site seeing in CO.  We went to the Garden of the Gods and road the Cog Railway up to the top of Pikes Peak. 

Our next trip was in October, 2007.  We went to Rapid City, SD.  We were able to go on work related trip with Kris for a whole week.  This was our first vacation we took with just the five of us.  We had so much fun together.  We saw Mount Rushmore, Reptile Gardens, Buffalo, Mountains, and so much more.  It was a really fun family get a way!

 The boys at the foot of Mount Rushmore.

Ben was still receiving his home visits with his Occupational Therapist.  After Ben turned three in April, most services some what come to an end at the house.  It was time to transition Ben to a preschool.  But where?  We were praying for God to help us find a preschool for Ben that would help Ben grasp so much before entering into Kindergarten.  Then we discovered our school district was putting in a preschool.  So we prayed for this preschool.  Now it was time to hire a teacher.  So we prayed for a teacher! 
GOD IS SO GOOD!
We tell people that we have prayed so much for this preschool that it was "Ben's school". We are just so excited that it is reaching so many children!  We know God had a hand in it all.  God brought us a preschool to Bennet right next to the elementary school and they hired a Christian teacher that goes to our church.  So we prayed for Mrs. Cheney as she finalized many details and we waited for her to call us to tell us when school would begin!
AGAIN, GOD IS SO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment